Penington Institute, an independent and not-for-profit organisation, actively supports the adoption of approaches to drug use that promote safety and human dignity. It does so through thought leadership, community education, health worker training, research and policy formation.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Research Policy Officer/Senior Research Policy Officer (depending on experience) to assist in the development of our research and policy programs. Specifically, the position will be responsible for the following activities.
- Maintaining the knowledge base on policy responses to drug use within Australia and overseas and assisting in the formulation and articulation of Penington Institute’s policy.
- Drafting high quality submissions and reports to government, the Executive, key strategic committees and other stakeholders.
- Collect and analyse relevant data including quantitative datasets, identifying possible solutions and presenting recommendations to ensure Penington Institute makes well-informed, evidence-based decisions.
- Supporting strategic communications activity by writing content and providing most relevant research and data, and writing content for our publications (media releases, websites, publications and campaign materials).
- Assisting in the development of grant submissions, especially by sourcing and analysing relevant policy, research and data.
- Contributing to other projects as required.
We offer a dynamic working environment and are located on the Melbourne city fringe. The remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The position is a full-time contract for two years.
Please read the position description and ensure your application includes a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and current CV.
For further information on this position, please contact Dr Stephen McNally on +613 9650 0699.
Submit your application to Jo Gillard (email@example.com)
Applications close 5:00pm, Friday 22 March, 2019.