Penington Institute’s Community Overdose Prevention Education (COPE) program works with organisations whose clients include people who use opioids and/or people who may witness an overdose.
We provide training and support to those services, enabling them to set up their own programs to train clients to prevent, recognise and respond to opioid overdose using naloxone.
Who is the training for?
Any agency that works with people at risk of opioid overdose or potential overdose witnesses.
What is covered:
- Setting up a naloxone program
- Identifying those at risk
- Talking to clients about overdose
- Overdose prevention tips
- Recognising opioid overdose
- Responding to opioid overdose using naloxone.