The David Penington Oration 2023
Penington Institute is pleased to invite you to celebrate the legacy of Emeritus Professor David Penington AC at this special event.
As a key figure in drug policy and a staunch advocate for marginalised communities, David’s efforts have significantly shaped the health and wellbeing of countless Australians. His influence continues to guide us in our work at Penington Institute.
We are honoured to be joined by Orator Mick Palmer AO, APM and distinguished speakers at this event – see more below. We hope to see you there.
Date: 15 November, 2023
Time: 1-3pm – formalities begin at 1:15pm sharp
Venue: Parliament House, The Federation Room, Spring Street, East Melbourne Victoria 3002
Drinks and canapés provided. By invitation only.
- Mick Palmer AO, APM – Orator and former Australian police officer, lawyer and Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police
- Kathryn Greiner AO – Oration MC and Chair of the Penington Institute Board
- Professor Tony Penington – Plastic and Reconstructive Hand Surgeon, Senior Lecturer in Surgery at The University of Melbourne, and son of David Penington
- Jeff Kennett AC – Former Australian politician and 43rd Premier of Victoria
- Mathew Hilakari MP – Oration Sponsor and Member for Point Cook, Australian Labor Party