Supporting professionals to help address the harms associated with drug use.
Penington Institute provides policy, support and training for professionals who work with people affected by drug use.
Our workforce development program provides the knowledge and skills that managers and frontline workers need to competently and capably deliver the best service for people who use drugs and for those affected by drugs.
Who is our training for?
Frontline workers and the broader workforce in the health and community sectors, law enforcement and justice, transport, hospitality, local government and anybody likely to witness an overdose in the course of their duties.
What is covered in our training:
- Engaging clients
- Safer using advice and information
- Making referrals
- The types of drugs that are injected and the equipment that is used
- Injecting related injury and disease and how to prevent them
- Brief introduction to managing challenging behaviours
- Safe retrieval and disposal of syringe litter