Penington Institute is an independent not-for-profit that connects lived experience and research to improve community safety in relation to drugs.
More than just an essential voice in the national conversation around drugs, we also educate the community, train front-line workers, and influence real-world change.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Policy Officer/Senior Policy Officer (dependent on experience) to assist in the further development of our research and policy programs.
Specifically, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining the knowledge base on policy responses to drug use within Australia and overseas and assisting in the formulation and articulation of Penington Institute’s policy.
- Drafting high quality submissions and reports to government, the Executive, key strategic committees and other stakeholders.
- Collect and analyse relevant data, identifying possible solutions and presenting recommendations to ensure Penington Institute makes well-informed, evidence-based decisions.
- Supporting strategic communications activity by writing content and providing most relevant research and data, and providing content for our publications (media releases, websites, publications and campaign materials).
- Assisting in the development of grant submissions, especially by sourcing and analysing relevant policy, research and data.
We offer a dynamic, collaborative working environment right on the doorstep of Melbourne’s city fringe.
The position is a full-time contract for two years and the remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please read the position description and ensure your application includes a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria as well as a current CV.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Dr Stephen McNally on +613 9650 0699.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no closing date for applications – however, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.