Penington Institute, an independent and not-for-profit organisation, actively supports the adoption of approaches to drug use that promote safety and human dignity. It does so through thought leadership, community education, front-line worker training, research and policy formation.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small and high-functioning team that reports to, and collaborates with, the Manager, Research and Policy on strategic policy, research and advocacy activities.
- Take a proactive role in identifying and staying informed about policy issues relevant to drug use.
- Draft high quality submissions and reports to government, the Executive, key strategic committees and other stakeholders.
- Engage with key stakeholders to keep abreast of developments and intelligence from front-line workforces and various networks.
- Source and analyse relevant policy, research and data, presenting recommendations to ensure that Penington Institute makes well-informed, evidence-based decisions.
- Write content on policy issues for our publications (media releases, websites, publications and campaign materials).
- Contribute to other projects as required.
We offer a dynamic working environment and are located in Carlton, in the heart of the vibrant Lygon St precinct.
The position is a full-time or negotiated part-time contract for two years. The remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please read the position description and ensure your application includes a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and current CV.
For further information on this position, please contact Dr Karen Gelb on +613 9650 0699.
Submit your application to email@example.com.
Applications close on Friday 29 October at 5pm; you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.